Monday 1 June 2015

Precocious by Joanna Barnard

Hey everyone.

So today I finished Precocious by Joanna Barnard. I was kindly sent this book by LoveReading to review. This book is out in the UK in July.

It's about a woman who fell in love with her high school teacher when she was just 14, and how they meet again later on in their lives, when she is married and he is single, and a steamy love affair begins. However don't be fooled into thinking that this book is an erotica novel, as it isn't. This book faces some very serious issues, which some people may find challenging to read, however,  I personally really enjoyed this book. I found the main lead very relatable, and I became emotionally attatched to her. The book was written incredibly well & I couldn't put it down towards the end. It was so different to what I had been expecting but in a rather good way & one thing that made me really happy, was how the novel ended, it was truly satisfying.

I rated this book 3 stars on GoodReads, as at times I did feel like I wouldn't enjoy it, but as I got deeper into the story, it grew and grew on me.

Until next time,
Happy Reading,
Danielle.

No comments:

Post a Comment